Re: ICANN opens up Pandora's Box of new TLDs

  • From: Marshall Eubanks
  • Date: Fri Jun 27 05:13:14 2008

On Jun 26, 2008, at 9:20 PM, Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET wrote:

Two years ago I posed the question here about the need for TLDs (http://www.mcabee.org/lists/nanog/May-06/msg00110.html).

	This all should have been solved by allowing those who
wanted/applied for TLDs to be granted them back in 1995 when
originally requested :

http://www.gtld-mou.org/gtld-discuss/mail-archive/00990.html

The SNR in the gtld WG was very low, which I think may have been an influencing factor.

I do have to wonder, however, what Eugene Kashpureff thinks about this.

Regards
Marshall

	There was a procedure, people followed it, and IANA
decided to go other ways with it. Now years later there is
all this red tape restricting things.

	And if the "powers that be" decide to go back to
it, you can replace stormking.com with t-b-o-h.net and I
look forward to it! ;)

Tuc / Scott Ellentuch