Re: Cable Colors

  • From: Owen DeLong
  • Date: Tue Jun 17 02:12:09 2008

On Jun 16, 2008, at 5:59 PM, Joe Greco wrote:

To me far more important that color is tags, one on each end if it is
more that a foot long.

The tags should have a short (two or three word) description, the
authority for the patch (person's name or position, order number, or
trouble ticket number) and where the _other_ end of the patch is,
followed by where _this_ is.  (For short cords "this" will cover both
ends, probably.

Why "this end"? Make a mistake and pull the wrong one out of a mostly
clear jack-field sometime. Clarity will occur.

Ha, I don't see many other people who do that.

So is the labeling device of choice still the Dymo Rhino stuff?
Preferences for/against heat shrink vs other methods? Always fun to see
what others are doing.

I'm very fond of the Brady with the self-laminating wrap-around vinyl labels.

Owen