Re: Cable Colors

  • From: Matthew Kaufman
  • Date: Mon Jun 16 22:25:08 2008

Peter Wohlers wrote:
As you can see, by and large, people assign colors to functions. What color to what function varies like the wind. Unlike a previous employer whose colo-manager person insisted on using colors to represent cable lengths (Doh!), color -> function mapping seems pretty universal.

I used to do that too... Until I stood behind a rack trying to figure out which of the 70 or so gray wires from the switch was the one going to the box I was having the problem with. Then I bought as many different colors as I could find, and mixed things up a bit.

Matthew Kaufman