Re: Cable Colors

  • From: Martin Hannigan
  • Date: Mon Jun 16 20:16:33 2008

This seems like a good demarcation for the colors, but two things. Its a bit more expensive, and, it typically makes for a pretty mess. You're talking pre determined cable lengths for the most part. I tend to avoid patch cables like the plague and invest in long term deployments cut to length.

Intelligently strapping in mostly permanent wiring should be worth the investment and reduce outages in the long run. The colors don't hurt.

Best,

Marty