Re: Verizon and spam reports

  • From: Heather Schiller
  • Date: Thu Jun 12 11:26:31 2008

Hank Nussbacher wrote:
I have tried repeatedly by private email directly to Verizon and I have contacted an ex-UUnet employee, but so far, it would appear that Verizon is running an unattended and unmaintained "spam reporting" system with emails like this:

For questions about these reports please email: [email protected]
NOTE: there is no need to acknowledge these reports, the email address: [email protected] is purely for questions.

Some frequently asked questions about this process and its fallout can be found here: http://www.secsup.org/complaints/

The following spam message was received at Thu, 05 Jun 2008 17:03:01 +0300

IP: x.x.1.242
TIMESTAMP: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 17:03:01 +0300
 GMT-0000

Problem is they are basing who to send the spam report on an email address that was changed in whois about 2 years ago and it would appear no one is home to update their "spam reporting" database.

Is anyone here from Verizon who can reach out to the people sending these emails to have them fix their database?

Thanks,
Hank

Yes.. Send me your details (IP/ASN/ORG ID) and I'll have someone update the db.

--Heather

--
 Heather Schiller