JANOG's English Page fully renewed

  • From: MAWATARI Masataka
  • Date: Wed Jun 11 05:44:57 2008

Dear NANOG Colleagues,

Japan Network Operators' Group (JANOG) is a forum for network operators
in Japan and has been active since 1997. JANOG' s official language is
Japanese, with biannual meetings in January and July as well as its
mailing list janog[at]janog.gr.jp .

JANOG has received numerous requests to make forum discussions available
to non Japanese speakers, as discussion topics in a country with very
high penetration ratio of broadband access, especially FTTH, would be
something different from others and it is felt that other NOG groups
could benefit if JANOG's discussion were more widely shared.

JANOG volunteer members have been working together recently to make
JANOG content available in English in order that non Japanese speakers
can share it. This effort is going on through Wiki on JANOG Server and
available content is still very limited, however we think that we have
reached the initial stage to have it released with a minimum set of
content.

We are really delighted to announce that the JANOG English website is
now available from:

http://www.janog.gr.jp/en/

Please visit this site to see what is going on in JANOG. Your comments
are most welcome for us to bring better content to English Website.

Regards,
MAWATARI Masataka, for JANOG i18n Team