Re: Querstions about COGENT and their services...

  • From: randal k
  • Date: Tue Jun 03 13:06:21 2008

We've had Cogent for going on three years now, and they've been
nothing but exceptional across the board. Our sales guy is excellent -
attentive but not overbearing. We've had one easily-resolved billing
issue, and their team got us squared away on one call. Their tech
support has been phenomenal for us - we've only had to call a few
times (all BGP emergencies on our end, not theirs), but every time it
was single-call, single-person response; having an empowered network
guy answer the phone is extremely refreshing. Our multiple email
tickets have always been immediately responded to and closed within 24
hours. Also, the bang for the buck is out of this world.

Our only complaint, and I do mean /only/ complaint is that they are
~25% of our traffic and not more (we peer w/ TWTelecom & Level3 as
well). Dear Cogent, please peer more/better and we'll give you more
money.

As someone else said, if you have three peers, Cogent had better be
one of them or you're missing out.

Cheers,
Randal