RE: NANOG NYC Event

  • From: Scott Berkman
  • Date: Mon Jun 02 10:45:07 2008

For all the food everyone is listing you've missed the #1 NY food
(opinion) ... Hot Dogs!

Any street vendor will do (get a soft pretzel too) but I'm partial (like
many New Yorkers) to Gray's Papaya in the city at least (their real
website is "under construction so check out
http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&q=gray's+papaya&ll=40.75597,-73.968372
&spn=0.07737,0.117416&z=13).  Another option is the original Nathan's on
Coney Island.

	If you like steak, I love Peter Lugar's but if you want something
a little cheaper and definitely less stuffy, check out Sammy's Romanian
Steaks, not too far from the Williamsburg Bridge (157 Chrystie St).

	I also want to 2nd Little Italy and the NY Museum of Natural
History/Hayden Planetarium as must sees if you've never been to NY.  Also
try to see a Broadway show, you can find last minute tickets for 1/2 off
at TKTS (bring cash!!), but stay away from Time's Square to beat the lines
and hit the one at the Southstreet Seaport (this is another cool place to
check out anyway and very close to Brooklyn).

	Have Fun!

	-Scott