Re: Hurricane season starts June 1: Carriers harden networks

  • From: Ian Mason
  • Date: Thu May 29 19:42:05 2008

On 27 May 2008, at 22:18, Sean Donelan wrote:

The official spokespeople don't mention it, but there is also a tendency for local officials to divert fuel delivery trucks for their use instead
of maintaining communication facilities.

Some years ago we managed to get the UK government emergency planning folks to actually factor this into their plans so that communications fuel supplies get adequate priority. In fact we even planned for some highly unlikely contingencies. Fortunately we haven't yet had a chance to find out if this planning actually works out in practice.

Ian