Re: amazonaws.com?

  • From: Jay R. Ashworth
  • Date: Wed May 28 14:41:11 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 12:01:30PM -0500, Skywing wrote:
> That's somewhat ironic of a sentiment you referred to there, given
> that the conception that one should have to hand over one's SSN for
> "verification" to anyone who asks for it is the kind of thing that
> many of these spammers/phishers thrive on in the first place...

What...

are people still using SSNs as authenticators instead of identifiers,
20 years on?

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [email protected]
Designer                +-Internetworking------+---------+            RFC 2100

      If you can read this... thank a system administrator.  Or two.  --me