RE: Hurricane season starts June 1: Carriers harden networks

  • From: Jerry Dixon
  • Date: Tue May 27 18:47:35 2008

Jared nailed it on the head.  It is absolutely critical to get to know who
your State JFO POC is, State EOC POC, and have the National Communication
Systems Hotline on speed dial or at least in your cell.  They can help
facilitate needs such as getting human resources from your company or mutual
aide in to help with a crisis (credentialing issues), fuel trucks, and other
supplies as needed.

Also you might want to check to see if your company has a govt. affairs
person within your organization who might all ready have a lot of this info
and the contacts to assist.

Based on experience, they've also been extremely helpful to have those POC's
on speed dial in case your company needs to get flight clearance to survey
damage if you have an extensive amount of lines in an affected area.  If you
have the opportunity to participate in preparedness exercise with DHS I'd
highly recommend it as you'll develop some of those essential relationships
plus get plugged into your local Infragard folks too.  You can never have
enough paths for getting assistance when you needed it.

Jerry
[email protected]