Re: [NANOG] Multihoming for small frys?

  • From: Tony Varriale
  • Date: Wed May 21 15:10:44 2008

Thanks for the info. We needed larger than /22 anyways.

I am a bit surprised that they will hand out a small allocaiton for multihomers. These days it's very easy to do. And, could be a easy way to horde some v4.

Notice the caveats:

To qualify under the IPv4 Multi-homing policy, your organization must prove an intent to multi-home, demonstrate utilization for at least a /23-worth of IP addresses assigned by upstream providers, and provide 3-, 6-, and 12-month utilization projections.

In addition, your organization must agree to use the requested IPv4 address space to renumber out of your current address space, and to return the original address space to your upstream provider(s) once the renumbering is complete. Additional space will not be allocated until this is completed. Organizations that qualify under this policy may also qualify and request space under ARIN's general IPv4 allocation policy.

Of course, this could be smoke and mirrors. Not sure.

tv

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Dills" <[email protected]>