Re: [NANOG] Multihoming for small frys?

  • From: Nathan Ward
  • Date: Wed May 21 00:42:10 2008

On 21/05/2008, at 4:31 PM, Tony Varriale wrote:

> AFAIK, ARIN doesn't give out /22s anymore.
>
> Last time I went to the well...it's was a /20 or better.

Interesting..

I've had /24s for customers before, with APNIC's multi-homing
assignments.

http://www.apnic.net/info/faq/multihoming_faq.html

<snip>
There is no absolute maximum or minimum assignment size, but please
note that APNIC cannot guarantee the routability of any assignment it
makes. Assignments less than /24 are not practical and will generally
be filtered. If you are close to meeting the minimum allocation size (/
21), you may find it more economical to become an APNIC member and
apply for a portable allocation using the APNIC IPv4 ISP request form.
</snip>

Note that you must be the end user of the space, as it is assigned not
allocated.

--
Nathan Ward