Re: [NANOG] IOS rootkits

  • From: Suresh Ramasubramanian
  • Date: Sun May 18 10:11:12 2008

Let's put it this way.

1. Yes there's nothing to patch, as such

2. It can be prevented by what's widely regarded as BCP on router
security, and has been covered at *nog, in cisco training material,
etc etc for quite some time now.

I am much less concerned about security conferences discussing this
than about the (highly uninformed) publicity that accompanies these
conferences.

Yes, this sounds a lot more like the bugtraq v/s full disclosure
discussion than I'm comfortable with, but I still think this could
have been handled a lot better.

--srs