Re: [NANOG] Alcatel

  • From: Kevin Billings
  • Date: Tue May 13 22:38:54 2008

We have been using 7750's and 5620Sam since 2004.  I believe we were one of
the first US companies to deploy in a production environment.  As with most
vendors we have seen a few bug's, but TAC has always been there to help and
provide a solution very quickly.  The box have been stable and what I like
most is that I have not had to upgrade any of the hardware, Just add cards
as needed to increase capacity. When a new feature comes out I only have to
upgrade the code and not the hardware.
  We run our network a like different in that we use our 7750's both as edge
and core routers providing MPLS and Internet services to our customers.
Works great for us...