[NANOG] Request for discussion: Akrino, Inc.

  • From: Jeffrey Lyon
  • Date: Fri May 09 18:44:28 2008

All,

What do you know about "Akrino, Inc." My guess is going to be
absolutely nothing since the network seems to be owned by a shill
offshore corporation (as does it's upstream "Anders Business Group,"
see also http://www.cidr-report.org/cgi-bin/as-report?as=AS44571 ).

I'm genuinely interested and concerned about this network as i've been
told by other unnamed security professionals that the organization is
almost certainly connected to the Russian Business Network as almost
everything (if not everything) on it is purely black hat.

Has anyone ever heard of this? They seem to be selling DDoS protection
(is this even remotely possible on an obscure single peer network?)
from the host ddoswiz.com .

--
Jeffrey Lyon, President
Level III Information Systems Technician

The lower the latitude, the better my attitude.