Re: [NANOG] OSPF minutia, and, technote publication venues

  • From: Roland Dobbins
  • Date: Mon May 05 21:06:34 2008

On May 6, 2008, at 2:52 AM, Paul Vixie wrote:

> delay, because nanog meetings only happen N times per year, so
> an idea may have to wait months before it's widely circulated.
> congestion,
> because nanog meetings are of fixed duration and there is, and has
> to be,
> competition for the slots, to make the meeting interesting, keep
> quality high.

 From one standpoint, these aren't necessarily unalloyed negatives, as
they act as a filter to keep the noise-level down, somewhat.

Are we convinced that there's a glut of useful technical/operational
information which folks have both the time and inclination to write
up, but which they don't due to the perceived lack of an appropriate
review/publication mechanism utilized by their intended audience?

Roland Dobbins <[email protected]> // +66.83.266.6344 mobile

      History is a great teacher, but it also lies with impunity.

                    -- John Robb