Re: [NANOG] Purpose of Internap's PNET AS22212

  • From: Max Clark
  • Date: Tue Apr 29 17:30:46 2008

It's actually very easy to explain. The InterNAP Flow Control (FCP)
was designed to route traffic via the cheapest link available provided
the link is within an operating range. Over the years the PNAPs have
"preferred" different transit providers based on the underlying
contract rate - but what rate could possibly be better than free(1)?
So as time passes you will more than likely see more and more of
AS22212 in your path.

-Max

1. Peering is not free, but much less expensive than paying AT&T.