Re: [NANOG] would ip6 help us safeing energy ?

  • From: Dale Carstensen
  • Date: Mon Apr 28 09:03:15 2008

I became aware of something called espn360 last fall.  I just did a
google search so I could provide a URL, but one of the top search
Unneccessary Death: A Lesson in Network Neutrality ..."  I don't
think it's dead, though, and maybe if you don't know about it, you
can do your own google search.

I think Disney/ABC thinks they can get individual ISPs to pay them
to carry sports audio/video streams.  I suppose that would be yet
another multicast stream method, assuming an ISP location had multiple
customers viewing the same stream.

Are other content providers trying to do something similar?  How are
operators dealing with this?  What opinions are there in the operator
community?

  Mr. Dale