Re: [NANOG] DWDM

  • From: Dale W. Carder
  • Date: Fri Apr 25 11:08:00 2008

On Apr 25, 2008, at 3:00 AM, Scott E. MacKenzie wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can locate a list of DWDM networks
> deployed for
> Education, Science & Research, and Commercialization?

Here's a map showing some of the regional optical networks
run by the R&E community. There's a lot more unrepresented
here, especially in metro environments.

http://paintsquirrel.ucs.indiana.edu/RON/archive/fiber_map_current.pdf

Most of this stuff is then connected into NLR, Internet2.

> We need to determine the practicality of DWDM use...

Highly practical, and the latest network planning tools seem
to be halfway decent from the 2 vendors we use.

Dale