Re: [Nanog] Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics [Was: Re: ATT VP: Internet to hit capacity by 2010]

  • From: michael.dillon
  • Date: Wed Apr 23 18:27:01 2008

> Well. here's your problem; depending on the architecture, the
> IP addressing structure doesn't necessarily map to the
> network's cost structure. This is why I prefer the
> P4P/DillTorrent announcement model.

What's with these cute cryptic and ultimately meaningless names?

I used the term "topology guru" because I wanted something that
halfway describes what is going on. Coining a word with "torrent"
in it is wrong because this kind of topology guru can be used with
any P2P protocol. And P4P seems more like a brand name that tries
to leverage off the term P2P.

--Michael Dillon