Re: Postmaster @ vtext.com (or what are best practice to send SMS these days)

  • From: Duane Wessels
  • Date: Thu Apr 17 20:16:39 2008

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008, David Ulevitch said:

What else are operators doing to get the pages out when things go wonky?

I added asterisk and a cheap X100P card to my Nagios setup. Now I can get a voice call if things are really bad.

I started to install some text-to-speech tools also, but got depressed
by all the additional ports that were coming along for the ride.
So for now it just plays a prerecorded message: "go check nagios!"

DW