RE: Postmaster @ vtext.com (or what are best practice to send SMS these days)

  • From: Peter Kranz
  • Date: Wed Apr 16 13:56:03 2008
  • Dkim-signature: v=0.5; a=rsa-sha256; c=simple/simple; d=unwiredltd.com; s=unwiredltd.com; t=1208367225; bh=vztlu91d86XaVWmzW+q1VKZf1NY3Iciu x+YVlzXOm9g=; h=Reply-To:From:To:References:In-Reply-To:Subject: Date:Organization:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type: Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:Content-language: X-Virus-Scanned:X-Virus-Status; b=Pjng9LmPwSucNddskmEUe49qseII85Lk A6jmmLOEsVAcNnP05cxCOZ4rZt2esafgmxgKB6+rsZk2nMg0da8O3A==

If you stick with SMS messages, the weakest link will always be the carriers
SMS gateway. Since this is the last item in the chain, any upstream service
will still be handicapped by the gateway. I've worked with a variety of
carriers, and they have all had problems at one point or another with their
SMS gateways getting overwhelmed with SMS spam, etc.. causing long SMS
delivery queues or dropped messages. If you can find the SMS gateway admin
at Verizon they can probably comment on what the issue is and any planned
resolutions, else you may need to switch providers to one with a more
cluefull SMS gateway team.

So far this year, I have only had a couple instances of delayed/dropped SMS
delivery via the AT&T/Cingular SMS Gateway..

Peter Kranz
Founder/CEO - Unwired Ltd
www.UnwiredLtd.com
Desk: 510-868-1614 x100