Re: Abuse response [Was: RE: Yahoo Mail Update]

  • From: Joe Abley
  • Date: Tue Apr 15 19:18:13 2008

On 15 Apr 2008, at 11:22 , William Herrin wrote:

There's a novel idea. Require incoming senior staff at an email
company to work a month at the abuse desk before they can assume the
duties for which they were hired.

At a long-previous employer we once toyed with the idea of having everybody in the (fairly small) operations and architecture/ development groups spend at least a day on the helpdesk every month.

The downside to such a plan from the customer's perspective is that I'm pretty sure most of us would have been really bad helpdesk people. There's a lot of skill in dealing with end-users that is rarely reflected in the org chart or pay scale.

Joe