Re: Calling TeliaSonera - time to implement prefix filtering

  • From: James Blessing
  • Date: Tue Apr 15 09:33:53 2008

[email protected] wrote:
We're currently receiving the following prefix from TeliaSonera on one of our IP transit links in Oslo:

aut-num:        AS29049
as-name:        Delta-Telecom-AS
descr:          Delta Telecom LTD.
descr:          International Communication Operator
descr:          Azerbaijan Republic

and *of course* they don't own 62.0.0.0/8.

Own!?

I think he was saying that Delta Telecom don't *own* 62.0.0.0/8 and therefore shouldn't be advertising it. Following that Telia shouldn't be accepting the route and then re-announcing it to peers ...

COO
Entanet International
T: 0870 770 9580
W: http://www.enta.net/