Re: Problems sending mail from .mumble

  • From: David Conrad
  • Date: Mon Apr 14 15:40:38 2008

It's got some interesting implications if it's: domain.exe ... 'did
you mean to go to domain.exe or execute domain.exe or display
domain.pdf ?' the UI folks will have a headache with that I bet... I
could see a rule set (simplified) like:

1) if -f domain.exe && -x domain.exe ; then exec(domain.exe)
2) if ! -f domain.exe ; then openlocation(domain.exe)

Do UI folks today have trouble with:

domain.com
domain.pl
domain.ps
domain.sh
etc.?

Is there an application that treats a local file specifier and a host specifier indistinguishably? If so, how does it deal with strings (like those I listed above) that could potentially be executables as well as domain names?

Thanks,
-drc