Re: Fwd: Problems sending mail from .mumble

  • From: Valdis . Kletnieks
  • Date: Mon Apr 14 11:53:15 2008

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 17:50:25 EDT, Barry Shein said:

>  > So this is (yet another) fishing expidition -- as MIME types are a handy
>  > list, if any of those strings were present in a header, as in
>  > [email protected], would any well-known thingee choke?

As a practical matter, 'bar.mime-type' had better be a proper DNS entry, or
a lot of places that do a "is the address at least putatively returnable?"
test (which *should* be essentially 100% - does anybody *not* check this?),
they will find it won't go very far.

As a second practical matter, I suspect that all the places that have already
decided that '*.biz' is a cesspool will be even more dubious accepting mail
from '[email protected]'.

I'm still trying to figure out if this was for real, or if it was intended
to be posted 2 weeks ago and ICANN bureaucracy delayed it... ;)