Re: the O(N^2) problem

  • From: Suresh Ramasubramanian
  • Date: Mon Apr 14 01:54:12 2008
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=Sqv1m/1z8PPsgDZbJEfs2SOz/O+Af86kJADMgwqU7sE=; b=GOgz0qVWjh4emqS5beer0TBFXYMMJE/ENAAZaha9eT+zlzqcIxfhCTDcu863ZpgCdumnVCKkUxPkqe5aMrxjF6YPlYhNuNmNK55ZfRPiuZlpiEuHdk5qzVVoZDGSU0kap3aNETXt3VBoXcOgFcFfqGfg4ZYEBrDYNRmxA+gNeDk=

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 10:34 AM, Owen DeLong <[email protected]> wrote:

> Now I'm lost again.  You've mixed so many different metaphors from
> interdomain routing to distance-vector computaton to store-and-forward
> that I simply don't understand what you are proposing or how one
> could begin to approach implementing it or what problem you seem
> to think it solves (although it sort of seems like you're wanting to attack
> the trustworthiness of email to battle SPAM through some mechanism
> that depends only on the level of trust for the (source, arrival path)
> tuple from whence it came.

Looks like what various people in the industry call a "reputation system"