Re: Problems sending mail to yahoo?

  • From: Adrian Chadd
  • Date: Sun Apr 13 23:33:48 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008, Simon Lyall wrote:

> That is not anything new. ICQ is 10 years old and IRC was common in the
> early 90s. I would guess plenty of people on this list use (and used back
> then) both to talk to their friends and team mates.

There's a difference here. In the 90's we used IRC and email.
Today people use IM applications and web forums/website IMs.
There are students which use almost no email outside of communicating
to the university, to the point where they never check their university
email. :) In fact, the students complain that they're receiving craploads
of email from the university and related groups for stuff they don't
want - a microcosm of spam on one campus. :)

Adrian