Re: Problems sending mail to yahoo?

  • From: Rob Szarka
  • Date: Sun Apr 13 15:27:09 2008

At 02:18 PM 4/13/2008, Barry Shein wrote:
Is it [email protected] or [email protected] or [email protected] or
[email protected] (very commonly used) or [email protected] Who cares? But
let's pick ONE, stuff it in an RFC or BCP and try to get each other to
conform to it.

[email protected] is *already* specified (in RFC 2142).

Granted, separating reports of email abuse from those for other forms of abuse might be useful for large providers, but since we can't even get many domains even to set up the already-specified [email protected] address, much less read the mail we send to it, I'm not convinced that it would help. OTOH, many email providers seem to think it's my job to know what their internal organization is and re-route email to some spam-specific email reporting address. While that is just rude and ignorant behavior in my book, at least having a single standardized address would be an improvement...