Re: Yahoo Mail Update

  • From: Suresh Ramasubramanian
  • Date: Sun Apr 13 11:57:04 2008
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=hrLup5FpDJekpYDuBkllKvGyHOA/GIsnMURFQOsXsNY=; b=cpe+CtA1/f09TMqTzIXwbieAMds+nrE1ztguCbajee5WFCJAiFQxafPQQoeMQJgEKPO4uNvZzsrrSrnleImnnE4n01SW8ftUqsPJZseV8oe/YmzBd6IlPEN3pfDdRXxS/UJH2Pik3XaVzj9MuLriJll55NLVgCumdZzE3yxwegQ=

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 8:24 PM, Martin Hannigan <[email protected]> wrote:
>  Having some provider or group(MAAWG?) explain the new and improved
>  overhead driven mail/abuse desk would make an excellent NANOG
>  presentation, IMHO, and it could include  a V6 slant like "and to
>  handle V6 abuse issues the plan is.....".

MAAWG spent three entire meetings drafting this - and a very
interactive drafting process it was too (hang flipcharts on the walls,
each with a key question, people circulate around the room with marker
pens, write their ideas. Other people rate these ideas.  The
flipcharts are then taken down, the contents edited to produce a BCP

Here's the abuse desk management BCP - one that includes several
things that I personally regard as a very good idea indeed -
http://www.maawg.org/about/publishedDocuments/Abuse_Desk_Common_Practices.pdf

And by the time v6 actually gets used for exchanging email except
between "guy with personal colo and a tunneled /48, and freebsd.org /
isc.org etc hosted lists" .. you'll probably find that the basic
concepts of filtering remain much the same, v4, v6 (or perhaps even
Jim Fleming's or that Chinese vendor's IPv9)

srs

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian ([email protected])