Problems sending mail to yahoo?

  • From: Barry Shein
  • Date: Thu Apr 10 13:44:24 2008

Is it just us or are there general problems with sending email to
yahoo in the past few weeks? Our queues to them are backed up though
they drain slowly.

They frequently return:

       421 4.7.0 [TS01] Messages from MAILSERVERIP temporarily deferred due to user complaints - 4.16.55.1; see http://postmaster.yahoo.com/421-ts01.html

    (where MAILSERVERIP is one of our mail server ip addresses)

Yes I followed the link and filled out the form but after several days
no response or change.

Despite the wording of their message we're not aware of any cause for
"user complaints". For example if there were a spam leak you'd expect
to see complaints in general to postmaster, abuse, etc. None we're
aware of.

We host quite a few mailing lists and it seems like whatever they're
using is being touched off by the volume of (legitimate) mailing list
traffic.

I'm automatically moving all their email to a slower delivery queue to
see if that helps.

Just wondering if this was a widespread problem or are we just so
blessed, and any insights into what's going on over there.

--
        -Barry Shein

The World              | [email protected]           | http://www.TheWorld.com
Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: 800-THE-WRLD        | Login: Nationwide