Re: Bandwidth issues in the Sprint network

  • From: Brian Raaen
  • Date: Tue Apr 08 09:56:08 2008

Currently there is not a proxy server in the network, although when using some
of the test on dslreports.com there is a message about compression being used
for the upload and to remove proxy settings.  I have also been testing using
FTP on a *nix server as well.  Both the server and PC are connect to a Cisco
2960 switch in the headend that is connected to the 7200 router.  I can
transfer ftp at about 80Mbps between the PC and the server, so they are not
IO bound.  The Site I am testing with is a ftp server located in a colo
facility that we use and has sufficient bandwidth.  This circuit is clean in
the sense of not having CRC, framing or other errors but this is a new
circuit and we have never gotten more than 5Mbps out of a single session
(flow/ip) across the wan.  I would have to double check the mtu, but it is
currently the default.

--
Brian Raaen
Network Engineer