Iperf 2.0.4 Released

  • From: Kevin Oberman
  • Date: Tue Apr 08 01:29:58 2008

On the subject of iperf, I just received this today:

Iperf 2.0.4 addresses one major and several minor issues with Iperf.

The bugs fixed were:

  * Iperf should no longer consume gratuitous CPU under Linux The help messages
  * have been expanded to include previously undocumented options The header
  * the stats report was missing a header which has been replaced.

New in Iperf 2.0.4:

 * Under Linux you can select the TCP congestion algorithm by using the -Z (--linux-congestion) flag
 * Iperf has a minimal man page!

Thanks to Stephen Hemminger and Claus Klein for their patches.

This is intended to be the last release in the 2.0 train.  Development efforts
going forward will concentrate on the 2.1 series of releases.  If significant
bugs are found there will be a 2.0.5 release, but hopefully we won't need to
do that.

You can download it at:

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=128336
--