Perspectives: Diseconomies of Scale [was: Re: (latency) cooling door ...

  • From: Frank Coluccio
  • Date: Mon Apr 07 16:43:14 2008

I offer this as an afterthought without any expectations of replies to last
week's latency discussion that focused on centralized vs. distributed, or one vs.
many, data centers. While IMO the authors do not take into proper account the
costs associated with network bandwidth and node provisioning, I thought it was
nonetheless interesting due to the other factors they highlighted. There's
nothing particularly correct here, merely some additional viewpoints on the
subject that were not covered here earlier. Enjoy!

"Diseconomies of Scale" - by Ken Church & James Hamilton
April 6, 2008

http://perspectives.mvdirona.com/2008/04/06/DiseconomiesOfScale.aspx

Frank