Re: "Does TCP Need an Overhaul?" (internetevolution, via slashdot)

  • From: Lucy Lynch
  • Date: Mon Apr 07 11:57:38 2008

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008, [email protected] wrote:

Thanks for sharing your test results Kevin. Most interesting. I am setting up a small test lab of a couple linux boxes myself to learn more about the various traffic shaping and TCP stack options.

Ill post my results here. I am primarily interested in local wireless network performance optimization vs long haul connects at least for now.

Anyone out there attend this event?

The Future of TCP: Train-wreck or Evolution?
http://yuba.stanford.edu/trainwreck/agenda.html

how did the demos go?

- Lucy

It would be interesting to see how the numbers change with a windows or linux box on one end and BSD on the other.

Also how did you simulate packet loss?

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile