Re: fiber switch for gig

  • From: Fernando André
  • Date: Sat Apr 05 08:39:07 2008

Just a question what is the group opinion on Dell L3 Power Connect switch's ?

Best regards,
Fernando

Jeff McAdams wrote:
Tim Durack wrote:

I guess we've had good experience with ProCurve, so have stuck with them.
I also like the fact that it is the same code train for the 5400
chassis and 3500 fixed-format. Less work for me when it comes to the
test-upgrade cycle. We also make heavy use of sFlow monitoring
(although I believe Foundry supports this too.)

Anyway, it's another option.

As another Procurve user (also 3500's)...I'd point out that Procurve has
a lifetime warranty on their gear.

--
Fernando Ribeiro
Departamento de Internet