Re: "Does TCP Need an Overhaul?" (internetevolution, via slashdot)

  • From: Matthew Moyle-Croft
  • Date: Sat Apr 05 07:46:54 2008

Reworded:

What I'm not quite sure "Fast Flow" is exactly what is it really doing that isn't being done already by the DPI vendors (eg. Cisco SCE2000 on the Cisco webpage claims to be able to track 2million unidirectional flows).

Am I missing something?
Aside from my horribly broken attempt at English?

:-)

MMC
MMC

Paul Vixie wrote:

i wouldn't want to get in an argument with somebody who was smart and savvy
enough to invent packet switching during the year i entered kindergarden,
but, somebody told me once that keeping information on every flow was *not*
"inexpensive." should somebody tell dr. roberts?

(i'd hate to think that everybody would have to buy roberts' (anagran's)
Fast Flow Technology at every node of their network to make this work. that
doesn't sound "inexpensive" to me.