Re: Inventory and workflow management systems

  • From: Greg VILLAIN
  • Date: Sat Apr 05 06:48:43 2008

On Apr 4, 2008, at 11:16 PM, vijay gill wrote:
What software solution do people use for inventory management for things like riser/conduit drawdown, fiber inventory, physical topology store, CLR/DLR, x-connect, contracts, port inventory, etc.
Any experiences in integrating workflow into those packages for work orders, modeling, drawdown levels, etc.

/vijay

Seen loads of the running, (Granite's Xpercom which I have used a lot in the POS industry and which is a pain, Telcordia which back then was known to be even worse...), none of them was worth a dime...
Then I saw that brilliant combination which was Comptel + Visionael, it did mass provisioning and inventory systems for a whole national DSL unbundling architecture in France. Takes some time and patience to mix/tune them together, but once done ...

Greg VILLAIN
Independant Network & Telco Architecture Consultant
+33 6 87 48 66 14