Nanog 43/CBX -- Hotel codes etc

  • From: David Diaz
  • Date: Fri Apr 04 17:28:45 2008
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type; bh=hxfIWDD8Vwtw/O81Jyrk+FieccOc9YLE9842+Ftsy/U=; b=jHWeXyhRXJZ7K9Et2PGSXKYsgyxC/BYP7ZZq2lJI4E+IQWX5bn/EG2EO/DHMKsPP1DLWK2zerYGtKBDM4BErKgbOeNND79pMb5lLo9+BdkWbNEXII9uN6yDNwchYU89fSXgYJ1W1krXyMKvMPvGBnF1hOsIZbdQKsjWEGNHu+ao=

Since several members pointed out I should post this information as people are buying their plane tickets here it is:

If you plan on staying over in NY for a few extra nights to attend CBX or just enjoy the city you will need to use the codes below. I would recommend calling the hotel since you will need your nanog code as well as the CBX code below for your longer duration stay.

Also, if you are PLANNING ANY EVENTS during the nanog and wish that information passed on to other attendees please feel free to forward me your event. I can also help make sure it does not conflict with any other events. I do know there are events planned for the weekend prior to nanog and there are events afterwards during the CBX.

TIPS:
New York is a wonderful city, however, as with any large city travel safely
-Do not use your iPod white ear pieces. Especially on the subway at night
-Travel in groups or with a local
-Know where you are going ahead of time so you do not need to keep the map open
-Using your laptop on the train at night and storing it in a big laptop bag that says LAPTOP or FORUM on it is a no-no
-DO NOT go to the wonderful local Apple Store and walk around the city with that white APPLE bag full of iPhones
-Stay on the main streets not the allays especially off-Broadway
-Car services from the hotel are flat rates and very cost effective.

It's a very safe city for the last decade but travel smartly and enjoy.

Anyone wishing to be invited or included in any events around the city or sponsored activities please email me at davediaz AT telx.com or davediaz AT gmail.com

HOTEL CODES:
Rates for June 4th & 5th at the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott use CODE #
TXBTXBA
Click here to book now http://cwp.marriott.com/nycbk/cbx/

Cocktail Event at Battery Park Gardens Wednesday June 4th 7 - 11pm -
R.S.V.P to [email protected] - All NANOG Attendees are invited

Telx Customer Business Exchange "CBX" Thursday June 5th 9am - 3pm
Visit http://cbx.telx.com to register
*It is FREE to attend - All NANOG Attendees are invited

David Diaz
telx

FACTA NON VERBA