Re: 10GE router resource

  • From: Chris Marlatt
  • Date: Thu Mar 27 11:02:23 2008

Greg VILLAIN wrote:

It is not about making it work, it is about having it work -all the time-, even if it is more costly, even if YOU have failed troubleshooting a crash, SOMEONE will be forced to help you, by contract.
Risk assessment folks, risk assessment...

Greg VILLAIN
Independant Network & Telco Architecture Consultant

In my experience this is almost entirely the opposite. They're only forced to help you if you're about to buy more gear from them and you're holding that over their head.

There have been times where I've been the one forced to find the solution and present it to the vendor. They had no "on the books" solution to what was, in the end, truly a fairly simple problem.

Moral of the story, you don't always get what you pay for.

Regards,

Chris