Re: 10GE router resource

  • From: Patrick Giagnocavo
  • Date: Tue Mar 25 23:58:39 2008

Aaron Glenn wrote:
On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 6:15 PM, Patrick Clochesy <[email protected]> wrote:
Very interesting study I had not seen, and a bummer. That really puts a
cramp in my advocation of our CARP+pf load balancers/firewalls/gateways.
Than again, what's a PIX box capable of?

I'd rather tweak a whitebox than pay through the nose for a PIX.

Curious if you or others have tried Solaris 10 or OpenSolaris, they claim that they are approaching wire speed 10G with the right card (possibly their own, which is about $995 list).

--Patrick