Re: rack power question

  • From: Alexander Harrowell
  • Date: Tue Mar 25 13:53:27 2008
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=tCpmfOVovdcQpwxnbwr2aF5jZz61WD86hp5hELH5pFQ=; b=HeklFgT+UF9bYv50eRye6UHqjOiYuVPz8XTYg4u+nEwmJxC2mJwws17sfA4xfUyI/3Y/XYfI+OacuxhkTCrjZCilLyi7KQbJW94c0TRE18BC3HN7zCTFISbSzlY6FtJEOwBI5nMvN+iJhCtn1+AcIaDTszP35DgvsbMqlIfvAmM=

We'll need non-returns in there as well, to limit the maximum possible spillage. More seriously, the energy-efficiency community has a whole design approach for industrial facilities called "Factor 10 Engineering" which is about saving heat or cooling by using the shortest, straightest, fattest pipes you can at any point. You'd probably want to keep the flexible "water over ethernet" pipes to a minimum; have a pair of bigger risers per rack and tap into those.