rack power question

  • From: Patrick Giagnocavo
  • Date: Sat Mar 22 22:10:15 2008

Hopefully this classifies as on-topic...

I am discussing with some investors the possible setup of new datacenter space.

Obviously we want to be able to fill a rack, and in order to do so, we need to provide enough power to each rack.

Right now we are in spreadsheet mode evaluating different scenarios.

Are there cases where more than 6000W per rack would be needed?

(We are not worried about cooling due to the special circumstances of the space.)

Would someone pay extra for > 7KW in a rack? What would be the maximum you could ever see yourself needing in order to power all 42U ?

Cordially

Patrick Giagnocavo
[email protected]