Re: default routes question or any way to do the rebundant

  • From: Peter J. Cherny
  • Date: Fri Mar 21 20:43:38 2008

At 04:20 AM 21/3/08, ann kok wrote:
ls it possible to have 2 default routes?
or how can I do the rebundant when the route is still
working either eth1 or eth2 down?

A google search for <ipfilter "policy routing"> turns up lots of hints (mine included).

There are some variations using lo0 so that the route
is always available esp. in BSDs.

<rant>
Though this is NANOG, I'd guess that many subscribers are
only familiar with using Cisco and Juniper boxen i.e. fully
fledged routers, for multihoming at the edge.
Some of us live at the edge, providing services and content
using Alteon/F5/BSD
We have often solved these issues WITHOUT using C or J
(other than for upstream connections).
Even with multi Gb connectivity, C & J are not essential !
</rant>