Re: default routes question or any way to do the rebundant

  • From: ann kok
  • Date: Thu Mar 20 21:33:36 2008

Sorry all. i don't want to make any argument

For me, i really want to get mailling list about
networking to help. and I heard there are professional
networking guys in nanog. they might help me.

I still have many networking questions.

for the mtu issue, I couldn't find out until I know
someone changes the mtu. it really made me panic
before.
honestly, telecom company couldn't help me. I still
don't know how they setup the jumbo frame in their
side but DSL clients are only using mtu1492.

Another question about private address, my router
upstream interface can listen many private address.
I asked the upstream ISP but they said they don't have
any private address export.
we have /30 connect to them. where is the private
addresses coming?
have you encountered this problem?

if you think my question is not good, please ignore it

Thank you again

--- Donald Stahl <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> NANOG is not a general purpose router help
> mailing list. Issues
> >> discussed here are supposed to be relevant to the
> North American ISP
> >> community.
> >
> > excuse?  configuring routers is not operational in
> north america?  have
> > you gone completely layer 2 over there?
> Are you seriously going to sit there and claim that
> someone asking about
> how to set up 2 default routes on a FreeBSD box is
> operationally
> or technically relevant to the NANOG community at
> large?
>
> I believe their email fails the NANOG pre-posting
> guide (specifically #3)
> and furthermore that it would be far better answered
> on a FreeBSD specific
> mailing list.
>
> This same person posted a question on Wednesday
> about MTU's stating "Why?
> but I still don't know why mtu can cause this
> problem." I seriously doubt
> this was relevant to the thousands of people who
> read this list but I
> could be wrong about that one too.
>
> Perhaps someone from the MLC can comment on whether
> these sorts of posts
> qualify as relevant.
>
> On the other hand, if you really want to answer
> these sorts of questions
> then perhaps people can email you directly? I
> personally think NANOG has
> enough noise as it is.
>
> -Don

Looking for last minute shopping deals?