Re: NXDOMAIN data needed for survey

  • From: Steve Atkins
  • Date: Thu Mar 20 13:42:14 2008

On Mar 20, 2008, at 9:56 AM, Martin Hannigan wrote:

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 12:22 PM, Ray Demain wrote:
We are looking to purchase NXDOMAIN data for an internet survey.

We prefer to receive the data on an hourly basis so it is as fresh as
possible. Our system receives the data from you via ftp that you provide.
Its hard to value the data until we have taken a look at it. As one example,
we pay a current partner $4000 per month for 100,000 records per day. If you
would like to setup a test so we can determine the value of your data please
contact me at

What company would this be for?

A domain squatting company, presumably. The same pseudonym has been trolling web hosting forums to buy the same data today.

He's Marlon Phillips, [email protected], I'm pretty sure, though which
particular squatter company he represents, I've no idea.

Cheers,
  Steve