Re: Transition Planning for IPv6 as mandated by the US Govt

  • From: Robert E. Seastrom
  • Date: Tue Mar 18 08:54:03 2008

Nathan Ward <[email protected]> writes:

>> Perhaps you could integrate your work with a project like pfsense?
>>
>> From what I've seen, that's the best "open source CPE" solution, and
>> doesn't yet have real IPv6 support (but has just about everything
>> else).
>> That would be a huge benefit to the community and potentially open
>> up some
>> business opportunities for you.
>

> It'd be good if the pfsense guys would do some IPv6 stuff, yes. I
> however, am not really interested in building CPEs, nor am I
> interested in building CPEs commercially.

My understanding is that there is some IPv6 support in HEAD, but not
in RELENG_1.  Someone who has the time and inclination should join the
development team; they do not seem averse to the notion of having v6
support in there, but like so many other endeavors, effort is
commensurate with demand, yadda yadda yadda...

                                        ---rob