RE: Tools to measure TCP connection speed

  • From: Jamie Bowden
  • Date: Mon Mar 10 12:49:46 2008

Ttcp will give you what you're looking for, but it's not something you
can run in the background and forget.  You have to bring it up on both
ends, and while it's running, it won't even pretend to try and be
friendly about bandwidth usage.  It'll give you a summary after it has
finished transferring whatever file(s) you feed it.