Re: YouTube IP Hijacking

  • From: brett watson
  • Date: Tue Feb 26 19:57:58 2008

On Feb 26, 2008, at 5:02 PM, Danny McPherson wrote:

The fact is that employment of explicit inter-domain prefix filtering
seems to only be deteriorating from where it was 15 years ago is
telling, and I think folks have become lazy and accepting, even as
more and more critical infrastructure and services require an
available and accurate routing system.

IMO, the onus is on the operators to step up...

Darn well said (the whole post). Some of us *used* the available infrastructure almost to a fault about 15+ years ago (the early days of Sprint, MCI, ANSNet, etc) but it has slowly gone down hill since. It takes work to keep it all up to date but it appears that it would save a lot of pain (and very long threads on nanog) if we did.

I've never been able to figure out the incentive program to use it though. "Stopping the pain" doesn't seem to do it :) (I know, I know, it's all about the money).

-b